Note: This is our ultimate “What’s Going On in This Picture?” for the 2020-21 faculty yr. The function will begin once more in September.
1. After trying carefully on the picture above (or on the full-size picture), take into consideration these three questions:
What is occurring in this image?
What do you see that makes you say that?
What extra can you discover?
2. Next, be part of the dialog by clicking on the remark button and posting in the field that opens on the precise. (Students 13 and older are invited to remark, though lecturers of youthful college students are welcome to put up what their college students need to say.)
three. After you could have posted, strive studying again to see what others have mentioned, then reply to another person by posting one other remark. Use the “Reply” button or the @ image to handle that scholar instantly.
Each Monday, our collaborator, Visual Thinking Strategies, will facilitate a dialogue from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Eastern time by paraphrasing feedback and linking to responses to assist college students’ understanding go deeper. You would possibly use their responses as fashions to your personal.
four. On Thursday afternoons, we’ll reveal on the backside of this put up extra details about the picture. How does studying the caption and studying its again story make it easier to see the picture otherwise?
We’ll put up extra info right here on Thursday afternoon. Stay tuned!
• See all photos in this sequence or slide exhibits of 40 of our favourite photos — or 40 extra.
• Learn extra about how and why different lecturers are utilizing this function from our on-demand webinar.
• Find out how lecturers will be educated in the Visual Thinking Strategies facilitation technique.